A cucumber is one veggie that appeals to most people, even kids!
This low-calorie favorite is great for much-needed hydration especially this time of year–it is 96 percent water!
The water and combined nutrients in cucumbers also help to flush toxins out of your system. Research indicates that they can even help dissolve kidney stones.
Cucumbers are great for your heart too–the sterols in cucumber help to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.
And don’t forget how they help your pearly whites—read this blog where I talk about foods that literally clean your teeth and cucumbers are one of them!
Here’s the perfect summer salad for cucumber lovers!
Crazy for Cucumbers Salad
– 2 cucumbers, very thinly sliced
– 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
– 1 teaspoon of honey
– 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
– Mix cucumbers and onions together.
– Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl, whisking them well.
– Toss the cucumbers and onions into the dressing mixture; chill for at least a half hour and serve!