Have you ever had quiche with wild-rice in it? Try this recipe out and you will be in love! This recipe will pump you up with whole grains, protein, low-fat dairy, and veggies! Make it a truly MYPLATE meal by adding a side of fruit!
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup low-fat or fat-free plain yogurt (Greek is best)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup green beans chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots shredded or grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Bragg’s liquid Amino Acids or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch of black pepper
- Prepare wild rice according to package instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- When oven is heating, add sesame oil to pan over medium heat and add carrots and green beans, Gradually add one Tablespoon at a time of rice vinegar and Bragg’s/soy sauce and continue to stir until beans and carrots are soft. Add the wild rice to the green bean and carrot mixture. Toss in garlic, ginger powder and sesame seeds and stir for three minutes.
- When oven is heated, put the pie crust in until golden brown (usually 10 minutes)
- While pie crust is browning, mix together eggs, almond milk and yogurt and black pepper.
- Pull the pie crust out of the oven and spread the green bean/carrot/rice mixture to the bottom of the quiche, filling about 2/3 of the pie crust (you may not use all the mixture you made).
- Next pour the egg mixture over the green bean/carrot/rice mixture until the pie crust is filled.
- Reduce oven to 375 and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the quiche comes out clean.