Coconut Citrus Dip
1 can Coconut Milk
Zest Orange and Lime
1/8 cup Sugar, white
1 gallon Water
2 Tblsp. Salt
2 each Bay Leaves
2 Tbslp. Toasted Fennel Seeds
6 each Peppercorns
1 each Jalapeno, sliced and deseeded
1 each onion
1 Tblsp. Cornstarch
About 2 Tblsp. Water
Note: The slurry should have more water than starch and should be thin like milk.
33-45 count Shrimp, deveined
- Peel shrimp and save the shells for the court boullion
- Start the water and add all of the flavorings into the pot.
- Once the water has come to a boil bring to a simmer and add your shrimp. Depending on the size of the shrimp check them between 3-5 minutes. They should be tender.
- Strain and then chill the shrimp in a ice bath until cool and place in the fridge.
Coconut Dipping Sauce:
- Zest an orange and a lime into the milk and then add your sugar. Heat the milk until the sugar has dissolved and citrus zest has infused in the milk
- Add a little slurry at a time until the consistency of the sauce has thickened. Don’t add all of it at once.
- Chill in a ice bath and then refrigerate.
Yields: 33-45 shrimp pieces and 1 cup of dipping sauce